FanPlus uses and provides the user’s personal information based on the user’s consent, and actively guarantees the user’s right (the right to control one’s own personal information).
FanPlus complies with applicable laws, personal information protection regulations and guidelines of the Republic of Korea, which must be obeyed by information communication service providers.
1. Data collection and collection methods
The Company automatically collects the following anonymous data in the process of using the Service to achieve the purposes of Article 2.
- Internet usage : website address, network status
- application information : installation, execution
- System information : OS, screen size
- Required : Email address (Google, Apple, Twitter, Kakao), Service use history, cookies
- Optional : mobile number, birthdate, gender, nationality
Device information (OS, screen size, device ID, type of mobile phone, model name of device), IP address, cookies, date of visit, improper usage record and service usage record may be automatically created and collected while the user uses the mobile app.
2. Purpose of data collection
The Company uses the collected data for the following purposes:
- Member identification, confirmation of the user’s will to sign up, user and age verification, prevention of improper usage
- Message transmission between friends, friend registration and suggestion
- Develop new services, provide diverse services, resolve inquiries or complaints, and deliver notices
- Prevention and sanction of any act that interrupts normal service operation of the service
- Recommend customized contents based on demographic features, users' interest, taste and propensity, and utilized the foregoing information as marketing methods
- Statistics based on service usage record, frequency of visit and service use; development of service environment to protect privacy; development of
- Improvement of existing services and development of new services
FanPlus agrees that it will obtain consent from the users if the Company desires to use the information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
3. Sharing your information
In principle, FanPlus will not share user information to third parties without prior consent. However, we may share data to provide service and comply for the following cases.
- To serve personalized ads from Advertising Demand Partners
- To share aggregated ad performance measurement with advertisers and publishers, process settlement, detect fraudulent activities and manage customer support response
- In the case of requests from investigative agencies in accordance with procedures and methods set forth in the Act for investigation purposes
- Other cases where the user gives prior consent for sharing his or her personal information
4. Data security and storage
FanPlus takes the security of customer information very seriously. FanPlus maintains data security through industry-standard security measures, including firewalls and encryption, and keeps data for a period that meets the following requirements:
- To complete the customer support service provided
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations
- To prevent abuse and use of unauthorized services
- To prevent other disputes, and disputes between users
5. Questions regarding Privacy Protection
The Company designates the following department and person in charge of personal information in order to protect the personal information of customers and deal with complaints from customers:
The Company may change its Policy for a variety of reasons, such as improving your personal information processing procedures, reflecting changes to company services, or complying with applicable laws. If the Company changes its Policy, we will notify you using the Service or any other reasonable means.
- Notification Date: April 1, 2020
- Enforcement Date: April 16, 2020